Here’s a round up of my fave and the best faux christmas garland’s around your house for 2023. It’s an ongoing list and I’ll update it as I find the best deals! Be it cedar, pine, wintery mix, or a combination, this list has you covered.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Listen y’all, I know it’s super early to be thinking about Christmas and the best Christmas garlands, but trust me people are thinking about decorating and shopping. Me included. So let’s look at the best realistic garlands on the market at the moment.
What To Look For When Shopping For Realistic Garlands
There are many things to consider when shopping for the most realistic and natural Christmas garlands, so here are the most important:
- Look for artificial garlands that have a “soft plastic” look, not hard and stiff plastic. This technology is called Real Touch and you’ll know what I mean when you see it.
- Color Variation-A realistic artificial garland has lots of color variation because real norfolk pine, cedar, eucalyptus, whatever you like to use is not all ONE color.
- How it hangs-look for natural garland that has WEIGHT to it. Also that doesn’t have a bunch of wires in the branches causing them to stick out in weird directions. To get that realistic but artificial effect, you want a garland with weight to hang naturally as real greenery would.
The Best Faux Cedar Christmas Garlands
Cedar is beautiful and smells incredible, but have you ever actually cut real cedar bows to hang in your home? That stuff hurts! Faux is the way to go in my book! Here are the best faux cedar garlands that look the most realistic:
1. Pottery Barn Faux Cedar Garland
This Christmas faux cedar garland really speaks for itself. It is so full, realistic, and heavy. The quality is really worth the price and the link includes two which is great because once you want one, you’ll want a million more!
2. Etsy Real Touch Cedar And Hemlock Garland
Real Touch Cedar and Hemlock is a really gorgeous combination in this natural looking garland. It has old and new coloring to really give it a realistic effect. I love how full it is as well. It is not as much, but the length is only 3 ft so you may need to purchase multiple to layer or use on tables or in centerpieces.
3. Anthropologie Evergreen Faux Cedar Garland
Faux Cedar Garland is a popular one in the blogging world. You want to talk about the best faux christmas garland, this one may be my favorite. It is a good price, great on it’s own or layered and has a great length. Great choice for a realistic garland.
4. McGee & Co Faux Cedar Garland
Faux Cedar Garland is another great option for really realistic looking christmas garland. It’s a great price, great length, and has excellent color variation. This one hangs beautifully.
5. Frontgate Majestic Holiday Garland
Faux cedar garland works with lots of other mixed berries and greeneries in it. I really like it as an option that has a great variety of colors and textures. It’s beautiful and also prelit.
6. Green Brown Cedar Garland
Green Brown Faux Cedar Garland is a budget option compared to the other choices on this list. In case y’all don’t have hundreds of dollars to drop on realistic christmas garlands, I wanted to include it. This is a great option for only $60.
7. Afloral Real Touch Lebanon Cedar Holiday Garland
Real Touch Cedar Holiday Garland is one of the most realistic faux cedar garlands I have ever seen. I recommend getting two or more to layer for a fuller effect. It looks incredible on a mantle.
The Best Faux Pine Garlands
Finding a good and realistic pine garland is also harder than you think. Pine needles aren’t typically the prettiest and doesn’t exactly scream festive. Nevertheless, they are still really sought after, so here are some favorite Christmas artificial pine garlands:
8. Deluxe Full Long Pine Needle and Pinecone Garland
This Long Pine Needle and Pinecone Garland is new for 2023, and I love how long, full, and simply stunning this pine needle garland is. The pinecones and the long pine needles give it a realistic flare. It can make a statement either alone or layered!
9. Faux Pine Needle And Snowberry Christmas Garland
I have Faux Pine Needle Garland with Snowberries, it is a great inexpensive option for a Christmas pine garland. The snowberries are great when you have a mostly white aesthetic or with silver. It now comes in a longer length as well. I love layering this with other garlands for a lush full mantle.
10. Norfolk Pine Garland Afloral
You can get this Long Afloral Norfolk Pine Garland in 180″ length which makes this garland absolutely massive! It’s so full, heavy and really really good quality. The way it drapes is just beautiful! I have invested in these this year and I can’t wait to try them in our home.
11. Kirklands Norfolk Pine Natural Touch Garland
Kirland’s Norfolk Pine Garland is up next. When it has “natural touch” in the title, you know it’s going to be good. The price may be high, but it is 15 feet long! This would be a great garland for above large cased openings or on a stair rail.
12. House of Jade Faux Long Pine Garland
I’m including this Long Pine Garland from the House of Jade because it is a great price and is a beautiful garland layering piece. It looks great on a table or centerpiece or can add texture to other Christmas garlands for the perfect layered mantle look.
Mixed Greenery Garlands
Here are a few mixed greenery Christmas garlands that look to stunning and they couldn’t be anymore realistic unless they were really real:
13. Pottery Barn Pine & Eucalyptus Garland
This Pottery Barn Pine and Eucalyptus Garland is another garland show stopper that is new for the 2023 Christmas season. I am going to be tempted to purchase this one as well. It is absolutely stunning and standard quality for Pottery Barn.
14. Pottery Barn Pine and Cedar Garland
This Draping Pine and Cedar Faux Garland is specifically called a draping garland and it doesn’t disappoint. It is so beautiful and full. Definitely grab this one if you haven’t already. It’s going to be popular and sell out Fast!
15. Mixed Pine and Eucalyptus Christmas Garland
Finally, here’s another one: Pine and Eucalyptus Christmas Garland is a super budget friendly christmas garland from Target. This one has pine and eucalyptus together which is one of my faves to pair together and this garland has it done!
If faux isn’t your game, fresh is for you! I always get fresh garland from Costco and Sam’s right after Thanksgiving. However, there are some downsides to the real stuff:
- You have to water it everyday to give it the best chance. You can also spray it will some Wilt Pruf.
- MESSY! This is why I only do it outside on the front porch and on the fence.
- They only last about a month before they turn brown and get crispy
Tips When Buying Realistic Faux Garlands For Christmas
Here are some tips for buying the Best Christmas garlands ever in your lifetime and what to think about in terms of styling or quantity to buy:
- Think about the aesthetic you are going for and how it goes with Christmas decor you already have (I match my greenery to my Christmas Tree)
- Make a list of the places you would like to have Christmas garlands (mantles, doorways, stair rails, etc). This is good so you know what lengths and textures you’re looking for when shopping so you can be efficient. These babies sell out fast!
- Read the reviews of your favorite picks for realistic faux garlands to know how full they are and note the length. Some are long, but not as full so you may want to order multiple. Others may have the fullness, but want two or more for the length.
Other Christmas Related Posts
There is no right or wrong way to shop for the best and most realistic faux Christmas garlands. The only wrong thing to do is to wait when you find ones you like. This list has 15 different popular evergreen garlands to choose from and any one of them will look beautiful lit up with some twinkly lights.
Can you tell I’m sooooo excited for Christmas?